Monday 11 August 2008

Japanese Wineberries





Even though the summer has been a dreadfully rainy one again the allotment never fails to produce new goodies daily. It is time for the Japanese Wineberries, a very unusual fruit the likes of which is only on my plot here I think - I certainly haven't ever seen them in the shops. They are like a little tightly packed raspberry which keeps it's shape well and has a tartness to it's flavour.
I made some Japanese wineberry muffins with them which were a hit, especially with custard on, with the whole family.

In the pic here you can see how they look on the left.

I haven't done a lot of sewing lately because work has got in the way as has school summer hols but I'll show you a little something which I'm making from Moda Xmas fabric "Winter" tomorrow...


1 comment:

your comments are always appreciated - I enjoy reading them. You don't need to have a blog to leave a comment, you can select the name/URL option and fill in just your name instead of a blog link.