Monday 20 May 2013

A Walk and a Bike Ride

Early early light is a beauty. On Sunday morning I was out on my new bicycle - all sit up and beg and girlie basket - in the misty low light of a damp but sunny spring morn.
This photo, unbelievably taken with my iphone and unadulterated, is probably my favourite image of any I've captured.
The bike is my new trusty steed with which I will discover some trackways amongst the urban sprawl where I live in Middle England.
The canal ways are calling for more sketching so there are some lovely tow path scenes to unearth this summer for me.

Today I walked on Highgate Common near Kinver Edge with my good friend Fiona Mill.
We hit upon a little pond, a haven for wildlife, quite un disturbed and amongst the peeping of jay birds and some rather less inspiring mosquitos, we sketched and painted. So peaceful. The time flew.
The light was poor and flat and it was a struggle to find where it was really coming from but a yellow wash background provided luminosity where it may have hidden.
Green woodpeckers and many pond insects were unaware of two women becoming at one with their surroundings. Some even tried to feature in the sketchbook - very arty!





13 comments:

  1. Wow! Your photo and the sketches are all beautiful. You are very skilled at sketching.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much Julie. I was loving it and it shows I guess. I think there seems to be no getting away from practising and the luxury of two sketches in one day was a fabulous one. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delight Clare, a beautiful description along with your evocative sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How nice! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh that's just beautiful, that photo of the pony. And the sketches...I need to practice drawing more.

    ReplyDelete
  6. gosh i love that first photo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sketeches are lovely, a real sense of peace. The photograph is just perfect. Envy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The light in your photo is so evocative, no wonder you are so pleased with it. love the sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a great photo and I particularly love the rays of sunshine touching the earth !
    Although en plein aire scares me, you have described a delightful and peaceful moment ... I would have loved to watch and listen.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lovely ride and beautiful sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your photograph is lovely and has captured a very ethereal effect. I can see that you have been inspired by your walk.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

your comments are always appreciated - I enjoy reading them. You don't need to have a blog to leave a comment, you can select the name/URL option and fill in just your name instead of a blog link.