Thursday, 21 January 2010

The Road Less Traveled





















the road is a long and sometimes arduous one.
often i meander and i'm not sure where i'm going.
many times there are happy accidents.
along the way i learn
i curse and smile
acknowledge those along the way













the road is not conventional and follows no-one
it takes it's course as the next step unfolds.

slow and mindful
peaceful
unending
all-encompassing

the road is there
for it's own sake.



"The journey of a thousand miles begins beneath one's feet." Lao-Tzu


















10 comments:

  1. Nice work and words Clare< I am in loves with the facebook group too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i see you are thinking a lot lately. considering. funny how that can get you.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like this a lot, both words and stitching...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both words and stitches touched me today..

    ReplyDelete
  5. These close up images are very nice. I can feel the stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. "The journey of a thousand miles begins beneath one's feet." Lao-Tzu might have added beneath one's fingers in your case.

    Work like this makes me want to reach for my sewing box!

    ReplyDelete

your comments are always appreciated - I enjoy reading them. You don't need to have a blog to leave a comment, you can select the name/URL option and fill in just your name instead of a blog link.