Monday 5 October 2009

Sewing and Harvesting!

Look at this! I bought this piece in a moment of joy from Jude Hill of Spiritcloth and it has arrived from the U.S. in the post. It is now probably one of my most treasured possessions (apart from my children and I definitely don't own them). It's so soft, being made from washed and worn fabrics, and is all handsewn. I have got a bit of an obsession with pumpkins so this fits in totally with our household decorations at this time of year!

Meanwhile I had started my own version for inclusion in my very slowcloth of moon patches..
More bounty...


Posted by PicasaMy inlaws have just been on a fabulous trip to India and brought me back some colourful goodies...tomatoes from my greenhouse...

...oh yes and a bit more pumpkiness in a sketch with a black background of acrylic paint - may experiment with this further methinks....

10 comments:

  1. Yes it is very beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That pumpkin quilt is sooooo adorable. I too have a thing for pumpkins. I am presently gathering fabrics and patterns to make the great pumpkin quilt but my own way. The pattern is $45.00 and that is just way too much money.
    Would you mind if I made a little pumpkin quilt like yours??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the photos. Jude Hill's work is beautiful, but yours looks wonderful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have been busy! So much fun to see all the pumpkins.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lucky you, I love Spirit Cloth, her work is amazing.

    Your is coming along nicely also, I look forward to seeing the finished thing.

    Yes, the moon was amazing last night, I was so pleased that it was not too cloudy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great post. wonderful to treat yourself .....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love that shot of the goodies that were brought to you from India!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a beautiful blog here. I will visit often :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely post - made my mouth water! Gorgeous collection of stuff from India - lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I came over to visit your blog and find that you most certainly do like autumn. Love those pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete

your comments are always appreciated - I enjoy reading them. You don't need to have a blog to leave a comment, you can select the name/URL option and fill in just your name instead of a blog link.