Monday 10 July 2017

Personal Challenge Result

Sometimes it’s a good idea to have a personal obligation to yourself to show up to a challenge every day. As a self employed artist who is selling internationally it’s easy to stay within the style your clients see as you.
It is important though to continue to develop and exercise the creative muscle out of the normal zone. Hence today I have finished a personal challenge to paint a small landscape every day for thirty days. I set the challenge publicly so that I was accountable. Some days it was uncomfortable to show up to the easel. Some days I had to paint at 5am to get it done. But I did it. 
Today is the last day. I can truly say I have developed over the short time and experimented in ways I may not normally when working on commissions.
….and funnily enough I have sold three of them completely unintentionally. I wouldn’t have guessed that would happen.
Here’s to setting slightly uncomfortable goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

your comments are always appreciated - I enjoy reading them. You don't need to have a blog to leave a comment, you can select the name/URL option and fill in just your name instead of a blog link.