Wednesday 13 May 2009

Cat Four


Here is the fourth and last cat in the series (see last posts) and I'm itching to finish. I'm not sure whether to group all four cat blocks into a quilt or to finish them off as individuals yet but there is plenty of further stitching to do either way.
It's been great fun and I'm revving up to do more work like this. I'm off to Malvern Festival of Quilts tomorrow to buy some more silk fabric and threads to continue with this style. Having spent most of this year being thrifty with fabric purchasing I can now feel a splurge coming on. Will have to hold on to my purse a little - but some folks have expressed an interest in buying my work now so what the heck!!

I went on a super cycle ride at the weekend with my family out along a disused railway track in Staffordshire. We did about 15 miles and came across this fabulous bluebell wood on our travels.





7 comments:

  1. I think they should have their own quilt..
    Beautiful bluebells, sounds like a great ride.
    Wow, that's wonderful about selling your work, good luck.
    We've trying to follow biodynamic gardening,we'll see how it goes.I found a website that will send me a weekly diary of what to do when...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that field of blue bells is just beautiful!

    Don't spend all your money in one place...

    ReplyDelete
  3. The gardeners calendar.co.uk
    We found this site very helpful. Looking forward to my diary tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looooove those cats ... and that haze of bluebells must have been something to behold. Thank you sharing these delights.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been watching you post these Cats and I just love them. They are so cute and so original. I hope I get to see the end result.

    ReplyDelete
  6. They could be individual cushions? So looking forward to discussing commissions, how to do it? Is phone enough? MH

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your cats. And congrats on the interest in your work - always nice when people are willing to put their money where their mouths are...

    ReplyDelete

your comments are always appreciated - I enjoy reading them. You don't need to have a blog to leave a comment, you can select the name/URL option and fill in just your name instead of a blog link.